Saturday, May 8, 2010

2 weeks

Oh man it has been a while.  I don't know how I had the time to work, train, eat, sleep and log into the computer before.  I don't feel like anything is taking up more time than before, but I am never online.

So I the past 2 weeks I raced my first race of the season.  The St. Croix 70.3. 
The Good:  St. Croix is a great island, my homestay was fantastic and I would love to go back for the race or any excuse I can think of....and I don't really like the Caribbean.
The Bad: The race was the "worst conditions in 23 years"  according to the race director.  Reports of 98 degree weather have been confirmed.
The Ugly: The run took me 2:05. Considering I ran a 1:13 a few weeks ago I can say that is sub-par performance.

After the race I came back really looking to improve my swim.  I called Bill Ball my old swim coach in HS and at UConn to see if I can jump in with the club swim team he is affiliated with.  We shall see....

I am going to do more cycling specific events.  Road races, and group rides I will add to my schedule of bike training, in addition to the Thursday TT efforts

And I offically have Viral Pharyngitis and an Upper Respiratory Infection  Awesome.  At least it is not Pneumonia.

No comments:

Post a Comment